The Expertise Centre for Technical Theatre carried out a study about practice learning in the Performance and Audiovisual techniques, called PraPAT, commissioned by the Flemish Education Council (VLOR).
This project brought together all those involved in practical learning in the Performance and Audiovisual professions to exchange experiences, identify difficulties and formulate possible solutions with regard to practical learning. In addition, this project investigated where, and for which competences, simulation of practical situations can form a sensible alternative. Particular attention was paid to the problem of work students and workers in this context.
- Build a knowledge network on internships and practice learning. Investigate how different training courses technical theatre tackle internships and practical learning and what the advantages and disadvantages are of these approaches. Share and spread this knowledge.
- Inventory the discrepancies between the legal aspect of internships and the practice of internships in the performing arts (eg evening, night and weekend work).
- Improve communication between internships and courses and make it more transparent.
- Support internship supervisors and promoting good practices, both for internships and simulations.
- Onderzoeksrapport (pdf, NL)
- Catherine Vervaecke
- Chris van Goethem
- 2008 – 2009